Thanksgiving with Lynne Rossetto Kasper
Lynne brought a music playlist that evokes memories her happily misspent youth in New York, her travels through Italy, and her first date with her husband (aka the most romantic date EVER).
Lynne adds hilarious stories of kitchen misadventures and some of the best calls from Turkey Confidential, the Thanksgiving Day live call-in show for those who need some professional advice while preparing the big feast. Fred adds music for which he is grateful and the show concludes with a surprise guest - a peanut pie.
This special program broadcasts on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 23, on your public radio station.
Lynne's Musical Memories
- Gioacchino Rossini: Overture to William Tell
- Paul Simon: The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feeling Groovy)
- Giacomo Puccini: O mi babbino caro from Gianni Schicchi
- Charles Dumont: Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien
- Giacomo Puccini: O soave fanciulla from La Boheme
- Johann Sebastian Bach: Orchestral Suite No. 3 in D Major, BWV 1068
To learn more about Turkey Confidential and to get great Thanksgiving tips and recipes from Lynne and other great chefs, sign up for The Splendid Table newsletter: http://www.splendidtable.org/newsletter
And, for the adventurous, a recipe for Tournedos Rossini is available here.