Virtual Concert: Gaelynn Lea
This Class Notes Virtual Concert features Gaelynn Lea.
1. Gaelynn Lea is a singer, songwriter, and fiddle player from Duluth, MN. In this introductory video, she talks a little bit about her disability, and how she uses accommodations to play her instrument.
Follow up questions:
What does it mean to “play by ear”?
What is the difference between a fiddle and a violin?
2. Gaelynn wants to sing a partner song with you! In this next video, she will help you sing a duet with her.
3. In Bird Song, you might have noticed Gaelynn created some layers of sound with her fiddle. She uses a looping pedal to do that. In the next video, she will explain how a looping pedal works.
4. Watch and listen to one final piece, composed by Gaelynn Lea. It features the looping pedal. Several years ago, Gaelynn won a famous contest with this song. You can learn more about that here Gaelynn also recently got asked to write music for a famous play on Broadway. You can learn more about that here.
5. Find further activities and lessons connected to Gaelynn Lea and her music in this curriculum and this set of lesson plans.