Class Notes Concerts Preview: Siama’s Congo Roots
Welcome to Class Notes Concerts!
After a year of Virtual Class Notes Concerts, YourClassical MPR is returning to the classroom with In-Person School Visits and Live Virtual Concerts.
Each year, YourClassical MPR reaches tens of thousands of students across Minnesota through the Class Notes Concerts program. Designed to engage and inspire elementary students through live musical performance, these concerts help cultivate active listening skills and allow students to experience the joy of music.
In the coming weeks, we will publish a Class Notes Concert Preview for each artist or ensemble. Find each preview on the YourClassical Music Lessons Page.
These previews will feature:
Audio and video of each ensemble/artist to use in the classroom or enjoy on your own.
Ideas, information, and activities to prepare students for an in-person concert or a Live Virtual Field Trip. This information can also be used as a reinforcement tool after students experience an in-person/live virtual concert or as a classroom resource.
This Class Notes Concert preview features Siama’s Congo Roots.
1. Begin by watching and listening to Siama’s Congo Roots perform a song that Siama wrote called Ko Yimbi Ko.
2. The first video featured several different instruments. In the next video, Tim will explain a little bit about some of the instruments he plays.
3. Siama comes from the Democratic Republic of Congo, which is also called DRC. DRC is on the continent of Africa. Take a look on the map below to see where DRC is located.
4. Next, watch Siama’s Congo Roots perform Yele Yele.
6. Want to learn more about Siama’s Congo Roots and their music? Book an in-person or Live Virtual Class Notes Concerts here, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about Siama’s Congo Roots.