Top 10 pieces of 'love music' as voted by you
As we launched our new Romance Stream, YourClassical listeners were invited to vote for the pieces of music they consider to be the most likely to evoke thoughts of love or romance.
Nearly 200 votes were cast by listeners from 22 U.S. states. Listen to the Romance Stream on Valentine's Day Sunday, Feb. 14 starting at 10 a.m. Central / 11 a.m. Eastern as host Julie Amacher counts them down. (We'll stream it again at 6 p.m. Central / 7 p.m. Eastern.)
Here are the top 10 pieces of "love music," as voted by you:
10. Johann Pachelbel - Canon
9. Giacomo Puccini - O Mio Babbino Caro
8. Franz Liszt - Liebestraum No. 3
7. Ludvig van Beethoven - Adagio Cantibile from Piano Sonata No. 8 "Pathétique"
6. Gustav Holst - Venus from the Planets
5. Jules Massenet - Meditation from Thaïs
4. Peter Tchaikovsky - Waltz from Sleeping Beauty
3. Giacomo Puccini - Vogliatemi beni (Love Duet) from Madame Butterfly
2. Peter Tchaikovsky - Romeo and Juliet
1. Edvard Grieg - Wedding Day at Troldhaugen
And congratulations to Sue from Connecticut the randomly selected winner of our five-CD prize pack of albums with the words "love" or "romance" in the title.
Thanks to all who voted!