Suite for Your Sweetheart Top 10: music that says 'love'
In the run-up to Valentine's Day, we asked you what musical selections articulate feelings of love. Lyrical melodies, operatic voices soaring aloft, heartfelt words set to memorable music for many a listener, these are the sounds of romance.
We've tallied your votes, and here are the results:
Here is the list of your top 10 "romance" pieces as voted by you:
- Tchaikovsky Romeo and Juliet: Love Theme
- Rachmaninoff Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini: 18th Variation
- Leo Delibes Lakme: Flower Duet
- Leonard Bernstein West Side Story: Somewhere
- Jules Massenet Thais: Méditation
- Giacomo Puccini La Bohème: O soave fanciulla
- Giacomo Puccini Gianni Schicchi: O mio babbino caro
- Camille Saint-Saëns Samson and Delilah: Mon coeur s'ouvre à ta voix (My heart at thy sweet voice)
- George Gershwin Love Is Here to Stay
- Aram Khachaturian Spartacus: Adagio of Spartacus and Phrygia
Before you go...
Thank you for choosing YourClassical as your go-to for your classical music. In addition to the variety of music streams we have, we’re proud to offer features like the one you’re reading right now. Help us continue to give you what you love by making a gift today, in support of YourClassical.