Music for Running/Jogging
Here's a playlist for someone to run their first 5K (3.2 miles, about 30 - 40 minutes for beginners). I picked these pieces because when I'm running I need a driving, rhythmic pulse that is fast enough that it propels me forward but not frantically fast. I also tend towards music where the brass section has a big role because it's easier than strings to hear over traffic and because, to be honest, it sounds vaguely Olympic. It's nice to start a run already feeling like a champion.
1. Aaron Copland: Fanfare for the Common Man (~3:00)
Definitely feeding Olympic dreams. I CAN do this...
2. Gustav Holst: Jupiter from The Planets (~7:45)
Done with warm up. Time to pick up the pace and find my rhythm.
3. Arturo Marquez: Danzon No. 2 (~9:30)
Running starts to feel good. Surge of adrenaline! I could run all day!
4. Ludwig von Beethoven: Movement III from Symphony No. 5 (~14:30)
Tired. This music pushes you through!
5. Cool down: Arvo Part: Spiegel im Spiegel (~7:00)
Ahhhhh. Job well done.