YourClassical Music Lessons: A Quiet Place
LISTEN Audio Instructions
Need ideas for easy and fun at-home music learning? Here's our daily YourClassical Music Lesson.
Target age range: All ages
Sometimes new, different or very strong feelings can seem stressful or overwhelming. Music and meditation can help our bodies calm down and feel more peaceful.
1. Find a comfortable place with some space.
2. Shut your eyes and take a few deep, slow breaths.
3. Listen to some calming music. Here are a few pieces that might work well.
'A Quiet Place' by Keith Jarrett
'Avril 14' by Aphex Twin, performed by Alarm Will Sound
'Saman' by Olafur Arnalds
4. You might decide to try a guided meditation, like this one, called "Inner Kingdom."
5. You might try saying a word over and over. Choose a word that helps you feel calm, like "peace" or "love" or "safe."
6. You might picture a scene from nature, like a clear lake or ocean, or a favorite memory of a favorite vacation special time.
7. There is no wrong way to do this! The most important thing is just taking a little time to let your body feel loose and calm.
Have a question or suggestion? Contact Katie Condon, music education specialist.